How To with Mily
Sometimes replacing the toner cartridge on a Brother MFC -8460 can be a headache if you don’t know how to it. To be honest, it’s a very simple procedure. In this video I show you how simple it is to handle the Toner and Drum for the Brother MFC-8460. We love this printer and a lot of our clients are very happy with it.
It’s very reliable and the price is right. We carry a very large supply of toner for this printer so that next time you need to restock just give us a call. Besides the video we also have a step by step picture and instructions on how you can replace the Toner and Drum.
I hope you find this video post useful. Leave a comment below before you leave.
Replace the toner cartridge
Please follow the steps below to replace the toner cartridge:
The Brother machine has separate consumables the toner cartridge and the drum unit. Verify you replace only the Toner Cartridge and not the drum unit. If you want to know their difference, refer to “What is the difference between the toner cartridge and the drum unit?”
> For the order number (Order No.) of the toner cartridge, please click here to see the Consumables & Options page.
NOTE: Illustrations shown below are from a representative product and may differ from your Brother machine.
Do NOT use flammable substances or any type of spray to clean the inside or outside of the machine. Doing this may cause a fire or electrical shock.
After you have just used the machine, some internal parts of the machine will be extremely hot. When you open the front or back cover of the machine, DO NOT touch the shaded parts shown in the illustration.
- Open the front cover and take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.
Hold your Brother machine with one hand and hold the drum unit with the other hand. Then, pull the drum unit toward you and lift it up.
- Put the drum unit on a drop cloth or large piece of disposable paper to avoid spilling and scattering the toner.
- Handle the toner cartridge carefully. If toner scatters on your hands or clothes, wipe or wash it off with cold water at once.
- To prevent damage to the machine from static electricity, DO NOT touch the electrodes shown in the illustration.
- Hold down the lock lever on the right and take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit.
- DO NOT put a toner cartridge into a fire. It could explode, resulting in injuries.
- Wait to unpack the toner cartridge until immediately before you put in the machine. If a toner cartridge is left unpacked for a long time, the toner life will be shortened.
- Brother strongly recommends that you do not refill the toner cartridge provided with your machine. We also strongly recommend that you continue to use only Genuine Brother Brand replacement toner cartridges. Use or attempted use of potentially incompatible toner and/or cartridges in the Brother machine may cause damage to the machine and/or may result in unsatisfactory print quality. Our warranty coverage does not apply to any problem that is caused by the use of unauthorized third party toner and/or cartridges. To protect your investment and obtain premium performance from the Brother machine, we strongly recommend the use of Genuine Brother Supplies.
- DO NOT touch the shaded parts shown in the illustrations to prevent any degradation to the print quality.
- Unpack the new toner cartridge. Put the used toner cartridge into the aluminum bag and discard it according to local regulations.
- Gently rock the toner cartridge from side to side five or six times to spread the toner evenly inside the cartridge.
- Pull off the protective cover.
- Put the new toner cartridge firmly into the drum unit until you hear it lock into place. If you put it in properly, the lock lever will lift automatically.
- Clean the primary corona wire inside the drum unit by gently sliding the blue tab from left to right and right to left several times. Be sure to return the blue tab to the home position.
- Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the machine.
- Close the front cover.